School Activity Corner
All round multifarious development of the children are the motto of the educational process in M.G.M. Hidden talents and potentials of each and every student is discovered and given exposure. Keeping that in mind various opportunities for students to take part in extra and cocurricular activities are provided in the school. The Co-operation and active participation of the parents / guardians are highly solicited to achieve the desired goals.
Students are encouraged to take part in various activities like:
- Sports & Games : Coaching in Athletics, Cricket, Basket Ball, Football, Badminton,Table Tennis, Archery, Judo, Rope Skipping, Chess, Volley Ball, Kho-Kho etc. for classes VI-XII.
- Yoga : Classes VIth - XIIth
- Martial Art : Classes VIth - VIIIth
- Debate / Elocution Competitions : Classes VIth - XIIth (English & Hindi)
- Group Recitation : Classes Ist - Vth (English & Hindi)
- Spelling Bee : Classes Ist - XIIth (English)
- Drawing & Painting : Classes Ist - Xth
- Music & Dance : Classes Ist - Xth
- Quiz Competition / Olympiads : Classes Ist - XIIth
These activities are specially oriented to develop the dormant potentials in the young boys & girls. Quiz, Debates, Symposiums,
Projects, Field Trips etc. are regular features of curriculum.
To inculcate competitive spirit among them, all students are grouped into four houses, i.e, Agastyamalai, Aravali, Nilgiri, Sahyadri.
Sports, games and cultural competitions are conducted frequently among different Houses. Each House is guided by a House Master and a House Mistress. Additional members of the staff may also be deployed as per requirements of the Houses.
The extent and level of participation and achievements in extra and co-curricular activities are an integral part of internal assessments in scholastic areas for assigning marks/grades. Due weightage, as suggested by the Board, shall be made applicable.
Apart from the extra and co-curricular activities, the Science Clubs, Literary Clubs, Media Clubs and Nature Clubs are functioning in the school giving exposure as per potential of the students.