Career and Guidance
Specific Learning Disability
We at Mar Gregorios Memorial (MGM) Higher Secondary School aim to become a Leading Innovative
School of Bokaro, bridging the gap between the school education, higher education and the industry.
Career Guidance Cell at MGM continues to engage the students in various informative career-oriented
sessions, panel discussions, one on one session to enhance the student’s competencies in selfknowledge, educational and occupational exploration & career planning. Specific inputs are given to the
students regarding career choices mapped and aligned to their passion/interests which would help the
students to fulfil their career goals and serve as the bridge between their college experience and
employment or graduate school, helping them apply what they have learned.
What is Career Guidance & Counselling and why it is important for a child?
Choosing the right career is one of the most crucial decisions of a student’s life. Globalization along with
rapid advances in technology have thrown open a plethora of new career options to the youth. This reality
has created the need for Career Guidance to be an integral part of the education system. Most students
choose careers based on their marks obtained and not on what they are passionate about.
Career Guidance & Counselling develops a student’s competencies in self-knowledge, educational and
occupational exploration & career planning. Specific inputs are given to the students regarding career
choices mapped and aligned with their passion/interests. Career Counselling helps the students to fulfil
their career goals and serve as the bridge between their college experience and employment or graduate
school, helping them apply what they have learned.
It is the continuous process of thinking about the interests, values, skills and preferences and exploring
the learning options available for a child. It generally involves getting to know what your child wants with
respect to career opportunities. It is a process that helps to design a career path for your child.
Role of Career Guidance Cell at MGM
The School has a robust Career Guidance and Counselling cell under the able leadership of qualified
teachers which helps to create awareness amongst students so that they are in a position to make
informed choices. It serves a number of functions like:-
- Guiding the students throughout the school to help them focus on the right kind of skills, readings and
exposure that would help them build their profile for admissions to various universities as well as for their careers
- Helping students to identify their areas of interest and aptitude.
- Organizing one on one session with the students and parents, guiding them to make the best education and
career choices for themselves and regarding the “best fit” universities post-high school education.
- Providing updated information regarding various choices of subject, courses & colleges and the current
- Facilitating Career Aptitude Tests & Interpretation. Also, ensuring the information is conveyed to all the
stakeholders i.e. the student, parent and school
- Helping students access and fill in forms for Universities within India and overseas and get them to begin
the process well in time so that they do not miss out deadline
- Giving sustained support in the admission process that includes writing out recommendation letters and
helping with the Personal Statements to be submitted.
- Organizing interactive and interesting career fairs at M.G.M School for the students. The faculty members
& senior admission team interact with the students to orient them about the various courses, career options available
- Preparing the students thoroughly for the Industry & Universities. We are the Gateway to Higher Education
embedded with a strong industry connect
- Provides information and introductory preparation for IELTS, TOFEL, SAT etc.
Who We Serve
- Students from Grade 8 to 10 – We help the student of Grade 8- 10 to choose the right stream to
join depending upon the child’s potential, interest, study habits and mark scoring pattern in the last three academic
- Students of Grade 11 & 12 – The students of Grade 11 & 12 are guided to pick the right course
and career, depending upon the child’s potential, interest, personality, study habits and mark scoring pattern in the
last three academic years along with higher education guidance & counseling for within the country and mission
- MGM Parents – Providing the parent only the relevant, accurate comprehensive information of
the counselling proceedings, solving their career related queries.